Saturday, December 17, 2011

Affordable Fashions....not an oxymoron

We all have our interests. My main interest and goal in the fashion realm is to make fashion obtainable. Too many times I have seen supposed "affordable fashion" spreads in glossy fashion magazines. I look upon the pages excited and enthused, only to find my heart crash when I see affordable to some may mean each piece is under $100. If you are like me, you want your entire outfit to cost $100. We don't all chase and worship at label houses, so why do I need to spend so much money to be fashionable? I'll pass. That is not to say I don't value quality. I very much appreciate a special piece that may break the bank, but for my everyday life? Sometimes I just want to go shopping and feel like my journey leaves me feeling full. My newest tool to accomplish this is www.polyvore.com. This site allows me to create a clothing set that matches up to my needs and wants, all at the click of a mouse. (Look below for an example of fashionable with a budget) Always keep in mind: Fashion is not for the wealthy, fashion is for the brave. Having the courage to seek out fashion at any cost and pay no mind or matter to those who wield their Black AM EX cards.....

2 comments:

  1. Who can't relate to this. I don't read fashion magazines but feel the same way when I go shopping. As I enter the store my eyes draw me to a piece of clothing that calls my name, only to discover that if I buy it I won't have a complete outfit..............any stores in san jose you consider affordable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the prowl for affordable fashion here in San Jose. The two places that I find myself most drawn to are H&M and Francesca's Collections. H&M focuses on basic apparel that one could easily customize to their own personal style. Very affordable and allows you to find many styles in one spot. Francesca's offers a a variety of tops and dresses that are unique and colorful. You get a great look for a very affordable price point. The one down side is there isn't a huge selection on bottoms other than skirts. But the colors, hand and quality is very appealing. They also feature interesting accessories and an array of purses, shoes and fun and quirky gifts. But it's also important to consider what your personal style is. You have to really be in tune with what message you want to send. We all have a perosnal style....we just need to embrace it:)

    ReplyDelete